Through our work in regulatory and disciplinary law we have represented large number of health and care professionals in front of regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals including:
- General Medical Council (GMC) at MPTS;
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC);
- General Dental Council (GDC);
- Social Work England (SWE);
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), and
- General Pharmaceutical Council (GphC).
With close connections to individuals in the NHS generally and NHS England we have spent considerable time around health and care professionals and see the incredibly hard work that they do and how exposed they are to claims and allegations.
Because of this experience in the criminal courts and other adversarial tribunals our special expertise is at contested hearings. However good strategy has meant that more often our clients are not even reaching that stage of proceedings.
We have dealt with:
- Registration and licensing Getting registered, Specialist and GP registration, Relinquishing registration [voluntary erasure], Relinquishing your licence to practice and Restoration to the register.
- Fitness To Practise The investigation process, Warnings, Interim Orders, Health, Competence, Misconduct, Substantive hearings, Sanctions and mitigation, Appeals.
- Revalidation Advice for doctors, nurses and midwives without a designated body, Advice for those with a designated body.
We have also assisted with CQC mock inspections for many parties in both the NHS and those in the private sector and have my own team currently carrying out mock inspections for clients.